PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welshpool visiting??
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2002, 17:03
Daifly

Talking Welshpool PPR

I think that it's only fair that Bob gets chance to get himself together over this don't you!?!

At the beginning of March he was just the owner, two months later and he had himself an airfield - sure you could get people in, but you've got to look at the long term aim and make sure it's the right people. No need to go out of the frying pan and all that.

The local rag, the County Times, had a story about the change of operations there two weeks ago. It was a huge amount of sour grapes from Pool (yes, even I can appreciate that) but Bob was quoted as saying that the airport's development in line with its original aim of encouraging business will continue in 2 to 3 years. I'll dig out my copy and type it in later.

As I keep saying, this is a positive move for Aviation in Mid-Wales. I know none of you have any reason to believe me, but give it a few months and I know I'll be proved right.

Right, must be off.

Oh, Rod-1, just search in the history of PPRuNe for stuff on Welshpool - it should give you a good idea. Also, ask anyone who's been at Tatenhill since before 1991, and ask them about SEAL Aviation....