PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Federal air
Thread: Federal air
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2009, 13:16
kingkong123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I worked at the Feds for a good number of years as a skipper on the1900 . I must say that looking back, that was the best time of my flying career. We had loads of fun at Ingwe(a base in the lowveld) although we seem to have taken it all for granted at the time. If you do plan on staying for a while it can prove to be great company, the salary will improve over a few years that keeps up with the local airlines, but it is however true that the starting salary is not the best. As with any airline there are one or two pilots(management) that are difficult and have no people skills (like MB-WH), but even they can prove to be ok.The owner(TR) is great and will put applying pilots in touch with the Chief pilot (WH) should you try to find out more details. The Feds have always liked to give low time south african pilots a break. I would recommend it to any low time pilot or more experienced pilot that can get in. Federal air has so much to offer any young upcoming pilot in South Africa. Well done to Federal air I'm sure all past and present pilots are proud to have worked there, I know I am....

Last edited by kingkong123; 26th Feb 2009 at 06:50.