PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Super Puma down central North Sea Feb 2009
Old 24th Feb 2009, 10:47
AndyJB32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speculation

I realise this is a rumour network, but surely it's very niave to expect the company involved to put out an official statement at this point. Less than 72 hours after the incident (post #176), Bond were being criticised for not having issued anything to the general public. Sure the offshore companies have a moral and legal responsiblity to communicate with other users of the aircraft, as well as the aircraft manufacturers, if they discover a safety issue. I'd like to think they also have a moral responsibilty to their employees welfare, which includes not making any statements which may cause them any additional stress at what will be a very unpleasant time for them. At this early stage if Bond were to issue a statement, it would inevitably be very vague due to lack of all the facts as the investiagtion has only just begun. What exactly would this achieve apart from cause speculation due to the lack of any specifics in the statement regarding cause? At this point the AAIB will know at least as much, and probably more, about the incident than the operator. If there is any pressing need for a statement to come out on the issue of aircraft safety, then i'd assume that it would be published immediately by them. I know that if i were involved in any kind of accident i'd appreciate the support of my employers at least until the full facts came out.

Last edited by AndyJB32; 24th Feb 2009 at 11:06.