PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK housing mess eventually sorted
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2009, 09:26
skyvan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blimey guys, don't any of you read the Accommodation update on the FOIP, or whatever it is called?

200 villas, half behind AR, half near Mirdiff.

Getting your own villa....check out the scheme for new-joiners only, where the company will rent a suitable villa for you (i.e. you find the villa, they rent it, you stay in the company housing system).

People with 3 or more kids getting villas before those with 1 or 2? Difficult one, how would you recommend that it be dealt with? Before you answer that one, look at it from the viewpoint of having 3 kids and living in a 2 bed apartment. I don't know what the right answer is, maybe the company is trying to be more humane, you know, a bit of fuzzy logic rather than the hard nosed seniority only process.

At least there is some movement, a few months ago 57 were moved into the Mirdiff villas, I think that all due for apartments have been moved, there has been some other villas given out, and now another 24. Sure, it's not perfect, nor is it the way it should have been, but at least they haven't given up.