PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unknown PNG Airstrips?
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2002, 15:20
BaronvonChieftain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day Chuck, Oz, HJ et al,

Thanks for the photos - Brings back memories of my teenage years growing up in PNG ('79 - '85). Some of your posts almost made me s**t meself - I know you guys do it tough, but jeeesssuss!!

Do any of you guys remember a strip called Masa? I believe it used to be (and maybe still is?) a bit further up the valley from Ogerenang. I ended up spending the night up there with one of the pilots and a C206 from Co-Air. We landed there at about 8 in the morning, loaded the pax and then took off again OK, but the had to go back to Masa after the valley went from CAVOK to IMC in the space of about 5 mins or less. Waited in the plane all day for it to lift again, but ended up freezing my t!t$ off in one of the villager's huts overnight.
No I wasn't working with them or even doing a check flight. It was - wait for it - Year 10 Work Experience!! LIHS arranged for me to do a week at Co-Air and a week in the tower. TZ had me working on the ticket counter for the first three days before he let me take a spare seat on the 206, and then couple of other flights in the BN2.

Anyway thanks again for the stories, and keep the photos coming!