PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet Holding Pool
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2009, 01:57
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CaptainClarenceOver - Right now I would say there is zero possibility of the summer contracts being extended into the winter. That could change but it does not look likely at the moment. I am not a recruiter, but I spoke to one last week who emphasised that there will be no permanent contracts for new pilots this year. Regarding taking on 400hr pilots, we are taking that experience level and lower right now - if you have a type-rating and are willing to accept a temporary contract for the summer. The new 'Sigma' scheme, for example, will take people with 150 hours of line training with easyJet under last year's ATP 'pay-to-fly' scheme, and pay them some sort of daily rate as required. In other words, it is a shocking rip-off, and yet one which you cannot afford to turn down if you are a low-houred pilot. I wish it was brighter but that is the deal right now.

seasexsun - Thanks for your fascinating insight into our world. Probably best keep to remain silent and be thought a fool rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt. If you will not join BALPA, you are part of the problem and can never be part of the solution. Not to join is your right, but never, ever, ever complain when the terms and conditions of the airlines you fly for go downhill. The only reason why we have yet to plumb the hideous depths that Ryanair have in employee treatment is due to the presence of a 70%+ BALPA membership at easyJet. If that were 95%+, we would not be having this thread right now, as there would be no temporary contracts at all. Don't complain about any aspect of Ryanair or easyJet unless you are willing to stand in line, pay your 1% and fight with other BALPA members to stop the rot.