PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOA funding of UK retirement age appeal
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2009, 22:29
Max Reheat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh Stillborn....

You couldn't be more wrong,but that would be par for your course, wouldn't it.

You give the impression that you believe the world owes you a living, putting you bang in the middle of the "I want it all and I want it now!" generation.

Just for one minute take yourself out of your little world of cosseted delusion and have a look around, times change so does commerce and so does the law. These things have to happen. It's called progress.

By the way, what will your total time to a CX command be since entering the world of professional aviation? For me it was 22 years.

What is your background. Does it involve putting yourself in harm's way, every day? Does it involve stretches of 4 months away from your family in places you'd really rather not be? Does it involve people who's sole intention is to ensure that you don't EVER make it back to see your loved ones?

Mmmmmm, I suspect not.

Why do you go out of your way to give the impression that this evil plot is designed around screwing you? There are many reason's why the older guys want to stay, amongst which are the need (or even desire) for more money and the unwillingness to give up a job they enjoy. But to suggest, as you did yesterday, that it is just to spite you is ridiculous in the extreme. Why don't you consider for just one minute those few who started out again later in life than is the norm. They possibly have children to support. But you are trying to belittle them into giving up a job that will pay for those young kids just so that you can have a shot at the LHS.

Your battle-cry is that you are being discriminated against. You are actually doing yourself no favours what-so-ever.