PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Super Puma down central North Sea Feb 2009
Old 23rd Feb 2009, 19:20
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
To Lighten The Mood

To try and lighten the mood on this thread and stop the SP (Moderator) from fragging me......

SPECULATION!!!

A few years ago a very senior NS Collegue and mentor told me a story of when he was a SAR Pilot (Wessex I think) in the Royal Navy (Join the Navy and Never leave your freinds "behind").

He was called out after a particularly embullient dinner in the mess feeling a bit stuffed on stilton and biccies to a resue on a particularly dark and stormy night.

On arriving overhead the scene he began his winching op getting bumped about by squalls and spray.

About 20 minutes into the job, in total darkness and no visible horizon, he suddenly, and without any warning Barfed up on his own instrument panel. The resulting Unusual Attitude and high state of arousal was apparently nothing in comparison to the fury and disgust of the Engineers when he signed the now vomit stren AC back in at the hangar.

So, back to specualtion, maybe the whole incident was caused by a "Dodgy Prawn" from the ETAP galley (Now thats libbelous!!!!)

DB