PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus II
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2009, 14:57
13 please

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Classic,

I agree on the wind-up merchant bit, which is why I put a in my previous post.

She really won't be taking home that every month, honestly.

I'm 75%, I was 50% previously for a year.

On your part-time time off, for me it's a week, for 'her' 6 weeks, there will be no pay, nothing, no salary, nada.

As I've read somewhere from someone else, when we're good, we're very good, but my god when we're bad, we're awful. I know, I have to work with these people.

I've read this thread and the previous one, trying to stay out of it, because I don't think this is the place to be discussing our t&c's.
We have a couple of other places which are much more private.

What I will say though,

I've been in BA over 20 years, 17 of them flying as cabin crew. I've had 2 other jobs within the airline, 4 other members of my family have worked or do still work fo BA. So I know a bit more than just the cabin crew side of things. I'd like to say I'm very grateful to have got the job when I did, (eventually on the 2nd go!).

Some of my colleagues think they(BA) always come after crew when they're looking to save money. They don't. Every area of BA is affected by cost-cutting, as it should frankly. Even if we(BA, the country, the world), weren't in tough times, we should still be looking to save money.
There are things I think can definitely be comprised on, altered, to the benefit of the company, and wouldn't cost us(cabin crew) financially. Some things that are in our agreement which really shouldn't be in there these days, and really are a 'nice-to-have', not a 'need-to-have'.

But I'm not going to put them on here, because like I say, I really don't think this is the place.

What I've said about my job in the past before when people have asked, is in some ways it's the easiest job in the world, however, it is very hard work, physically. You do get very tired. And just like hangovers get harder to recover from, I find nightflights harder to recover from these days(!).
But I wouldn't change my job for the world either. When I mention the tough bits, I'm not moaning, they're just facts.

Happy and safe flying to all...