PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS pay offer
Thread: NATS pay offer
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2002, 01:10
Scott Voigt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Actually, those pay numbers are a bit high for an average. The $125,000 base pay that they are quoting is on the HIGH side. I work at an ATC-12 facility ( that's the highest that we have in the US right now. ) the likes of DFW, ORD, ATL etc... I transitioned at the step 9 level (very high seniority ) of which there were only 10 steps. After four years of pay reclass, I now make $125,000 as a base pay. It is a very good salary, but probably only about 10% of our facilities are at the ATC 12 level, and of those controllers, only about 15% to 20% are at my seniority level. Most facilities make less and quite a bit less as most towers and approach controls are not nearly as busy (yes we get paid by the aircraft <G>).

There are some facilities and controllers that they quoted who are always short staffed and are ATC 12 facilities. These facilities have a few senior controllers who work a LOT of overtime. Those are the ones who are making the BIG BUCKS! Are they earning it working six day weeks? You bet they are and there are a lot of folks who are getting tired doing it. But I guess that we are going to get a break. The FAA is way over budget due to the money going out for security issues. We have been told that there is not any money left for overtime per se... It's going to be an interesting summer...

regards