PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS pay offer
Thread: NATS pay offer
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2002, 20:56
BEXIL160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All...

I like to think that I have moderate views when it comes to pay and conditions, and admittedly fairly strong ones when it comes to technical matters

HOWEVER....

Enough is enough. Our Pay as professionals has been systematically eroded over the past few years and NOW is the time to stop the rot.

This pay increase is to cover the NEXT two years, not the last. What has happened then is not relevant. We are being paid for the hard work we will have to do in the future, not the past.

If this comes to industrial action I would suggest that the cutting of OJTI, LCE and other additional duties is not the way to go. We need to ensure that the management see this as a SERIOUS dispute in which we intend to get SERIOUS results. The quickest way to achieve that is shutting down each unit on a random basis. (I think you have to give a certain amount of warning, but lets make it the MINIMUM).

Is your future worth ONE days pay? I think so.

The costs to the airlines would be MASSIVE and certainly far greater than our paltry pay claim. Since we are supposed to be operating in the big, bad, commercial world giving us a rise would make ECONOMIC sense.

I note elsewhere that the cost of ONE B744 is £120m, and BA has more than a few. What would be the cost of meeting our pay claim? Peanuts in comparison. More importantly, what would be the costs in NOT MEETING it?

Go Figure

BEX