PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you have any advice? Starting PPL in two weeks.
Old 23rd Feb 2009, 12:32
Vems

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys!!

Me again

I've done my second lesson. Was pretty much amazing. Trimming when flying straight and level requires some practice I've got next lesson booked on 8th of March. Two weeks time . I had my bus back home booked for 3pm when I decided to write the air law exam before I went off to the bus station! Was a distaster, passed though. I did the exam in something like 14 minutes and got 80% Next time, I'm realllyyy going to take the full time to get the exam written fully. I haven't read half of those questions fully and I guess that's why my score wasn't the highest it could have been as I know the Air Law book and the Air Law PPL confuser questions inside out! I think I'm going to get done maybe one exam per 3 weeks or something. Changing the job in the next few weeks (hopefully) had an interview today so I'll be able to buy 10 hour pack once per month. I've just started reading through Human Factors and Pilot performance, I think I'll get that one out of the way soon. It's a pretty thin book and this time.. I'll read ALL the QUESTIONS. FULLY.

At least I passed.. :huh But I'm still not happy about that score.

Weather was actually reallyyy goood. Some turbulences.. but pretty good.

Did the walk around with the instructor and the rest of the checks for the second time and started up the engine for the first time! Got on really well!

I haven't done any RT yet. I'm just meant to listen to the instructor..and we're starting RT next lesson. Sometimes seems like it's the hardest thing in the world and next minute it's really simple. Confused.

Doing climbing and descending next lesson. Thats going to be fun!

Vems.