PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avg anti-spyware
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2009, 11:16
Dan Gerous

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
Tarq, I downloaded the usual weekly update, but unusually after the download was completed, it said it required to shutdown and restart, which I did. After restart the icon warning came up saying my AV was not detected. I noticed the AVG icon that is at the bottom right hand corner of the screen was missing. I tried to access it through START- ALL PROGRAMS-AVG7.When I clicked on the test center icon or the other icon, the hourglass icon came on screen for a few seconds then went off, and nothing came up on screen. I could sort off get in through the virus vault icon but it didn't really help. I gave up and went to check my emails in Outlook express. The messages were taking forever to download, and I think the AV was trying to work or download. I eventually gave up and un-installed the program, as Iwas getting nowhere, and trying to do any work was taking ages. Don't think I still have the installer,as the AVG icons in ALL PROGRAMS have dissapeared. I also tried SYSTEM RESTORE, but with no joy. Sorry about my descriptions, but I'm not much use on the techy stuff with computers. I only had the AV programme.
Danny