PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOA funding of UK retirement age appeal
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2009, 09:27
Loopdeloop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raven, you seem to be stuck on transmit but I'll try it in bite sized pieces for you.

1. More than half of new joiners over the last 10 years joined as F/Os, whether it be on the freighter (pre 2008) or as unified DEFOs.
2. Cathay's F/O intake criteria have changed little over the last couple of decades.
3. Ttpc is now 9 years, 2 months and 23 days. One year from now it will be 10 years, 2 months and 23 days.
4. All straight through captain upgrades for the next year joined as an F/O.

For these reasons I use time in the company as ttpc (for clarification, note addition of the letter p!)

Please don't read any more into my posts than I've written. The question was asked about ttc a couple of days ago. You replied that S/Os need to subtract S/O time. I don't disagree, but how do they do this and is it relevant right now? Should they subtract 18 months, actual time to JFO upgrade, actual time to F/O upgrade or time to F/O BPP? It's a mess, and if you go down that route then you'll end up with an answer that nobody can get their head around.

I'm not qualified to answer the question posed, so perhaps you'd like to start the ball rolling?