PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thanks ...
Thread: Thanks ...
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2002, 13:07
St_Paul_Island

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Thanks ...

Thank you to the 48 who recently knocked back jobs with CX "until the recruitment ban was over". Only two accepted jobs. This must have been a very difficult decision for anyone to make, but shows the depth of feeling and support out there.

I know this thread will be hijacked by CX union busters - sorry, should I call you Freehills, now that we know who you are? - but I hope enough of you who refused jobs will read this message to know that you, and your names, are known. This will be over by summer's end. By then you should have a contract worth signing, and no problems with either recruitment or training.

It is no surprise that the Australians have learnt from the example of the scabs down there who cannot find any other jobs.

The AOA has supported many other airline unions' bans in the past, and they have all been recruitment bans, same as this one. The 49ers will be re-established with no loss of seniority. The recruitment ban is effective because CX cannot find enough pilots to crew the reduced fleet as it is, let alone enough to bring aircraft out of the desert or expand. It is a remarkably effective tool.

OK, naysayers, go ahead and shoot the messenger. I shall take great pleasure knowing that every response you make brings this heartfelt thanks to the top. They deserve recognition, even though you will try to drag them down.