PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Committed XP Pro user needs reassurance about Vista
Old 23rd Feb 2009, 08:31
BladePilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update 23Feb

Network issues sorted I can see and connect with all devices on my home network now including printers attached to other computers. Figured out that Vista doesn't like the 'intelligence' in the Disgo E3 USB memory stick so it doesn't allow that to load but I can now see the stick and it's contents, effectively Vista dumbs the stick down and it functions as a simple USB memory device without the Disgo E3 bells and whistles.
Vista email wizard is a blast it takes all the hard work out of setting up accounts connections.
Have begun to notice the fan noise a little now (if I don't have the radio or other background sounds on) but still reckon it's on par with the old Dimension.
I am truly amazed at the power of the system and its ability to run multiple resource heavy programmes at the same time without any sign of delay, flicker, sstttttutter, skip, whatever.
I've a couple of other peripherals and software programmes to connect / load up.
Most irritating issue now is my broadband connection speed which is way behind what my new system is capable of handling.
So far I'm very happy with my choice of set up