PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FOM to Civvy St
Thread: FOM to Civvy St
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2002, 11:59
FOMere2eternity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Mil
I have just under 7 years left to 22, so I'm starting to think ahead now (at long last !!). If the right offer came up I'd take it, but it's easy to jump out and work for a duff company.

I'm of the same mind as you - WO isn't impossible at all, but it's a visible limit that I can already see and OASC were more interested in asking what I spent my childhood pocket money on than seeing a potentially good, experienced Ops Off. That's immaterial, but frustrating, especially having seen some of the FOTS products !

I'm willing to work 36+ hrs straight for the right employer (and have done with this company, probably like you), but the foot in the door is the biggest hurdle. Thanks for the info - we'll have to chat if we can find a cryptic was of getting in contact.

I'm also off to sunnier places soon. They stopped me the day before my 4-monther and have me hanging around for the next one to come up. We'd better not get on the subject of personnel management here or we'll end up mysteriously disappearing !