PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Quiet Ones
Thread: The Quiet Ones
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2009, 19:49
A Comfy Chair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACARS, i'm sure Flapsforty and others have no issues with you asking questions. I'm not Cabin Crew, as many others who lurk in the CC forum aren't... and I haven't been kicked out () so I'll assume us outsiders are welcome (for the moment anyway )

We love reasonable questions from "SLF", however your third post (the one Flapsforty was refering to) shows that despite being given some fairly detailed answers, you continue to say the crew were in the wrong. You haven't asked a genuine question... if you had, you'd have been happy with the multiple answers. You were trying to make a point.

The Cabin Crew usually couldn't care less what the pilots say in a "routine" P.A. (As Cabin Crew have their ears turned off for the pilot announcement!) I am impressed that Flapsforty has managed to retrain herself to keep her ears turned on! It is no skin off their nose if the flight crew make a P.A or not.

Coming into a Cabin Crew forum to say that Pilots are being bad by not making PA's is a little pointless. There are other forums for telling pilots they are being bad!

You say that you've flown the same route for years, twice a week. In all that time, how often have they not made a P.A? If it is once, I think you really need to consider that in all that time, to not get a P.A ONCE is pretty good going.

For what its worth, I agree that we should be making P.A's, and the VAST majority of pilots (even the ones who don't want to) DO make P.A's. Very rarely, we are too busy, or yes, sometimes we forget. We are human, and do make mistakes (despite what we tell the Cabin Crew )