PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who should fly....
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2009, 19:37
dynamite dean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who should fly....

who should fly...

As there have been a few aircraft accidents of late or at least it seems like that I wanted to get an idea of what viewpoints other aviators have of lets say taking over in a life and death situation. Its the Co-pilot's leg however you get one chance at a specific emergency say landing on water tricky or some other catastrophic failure. Who are we flying for the passengers sake in which I believe in most emergencies they would all think that the captain would be expected to take over.

Now I am not the sort chap who would simply redeem control from the first officer at a moments notice eg an engine failure..airbus and Husdon river thing got me thinking what if that was me....

Obviously there are many variables to this post from which im sure I'll see, only this came up in conversation with a very experienced F/O on type actually more total time than me by far so didnt initally see my point that I reckon in a once in a chance emergency to get it right the captain should fly.....let the games begin..