PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fractional Operations Dunnunda
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2009, 13:54
TWOTBAGS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
In response to all here, 3Green & Wiz have it.

Australia's population density and essentially centralised manufacturing and service industries, combined with high levels of RPT make the fractional program not viable.

If you have 4 customers for an aircraft and they all want to go to the footy grand final then you have an issue because it would be hard to get 3 additional equivalent sized aircraft at any time in this country.

The NJ policy of max response times in the US and Europe work well but even we have a tough time in the sandpit sometimes to satisfy everyone.

I am a current Netjets pilot and most of what here is bible, we at NJME are slightly different in the same way that NJ Asia (the next to kick off) will be.

That is we are franchise's of NJA essentially. We do the same thing to the same standard and we regularly have NJA/NJI/NJE customers on our aircraft and the service level is standardised.

Big issues are business ownership rules and in the case of China, opening of the lower airspace to "GA" without having to get military clearance to get to the out of the sweatshops.... ops manufacturing facilities.

In addition to being part 91K we are also 135 and do the odd charter for non NJ customers that are usually brokered for premium clients that want high levels of service among a thin bunch of operators.

Bring on Asia and if they ever did Oz I suppose I would be right behind ThreeGreen with my hand in the air even though I doubt it would ever happen.

As we ride out this current blip, the few owners that do have jets in Oz will barely change ops tempo where as in the rest of the world they are hurting, this is because those that have private aircraft here have budgets in the millions for their aircraft where the charter market has died in the arse in Europe and most of NA.