PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair to abolish check-in desks
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2009, 12:03
dicksorchard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Business Practice if you ask me

I travel with Ryanair over 30 times a year and have done for the last 5 years and truthfully have never had a problem with my actual flights.

( all cancellations where strike or weather related and i was either re-routed or given my money back )

The luggage thing has peeved me off for years tho but in a way that i would be one ogf the passengers whose life will be made easier by their descision not to have check in desks .

I have a grandson and he still needs his pushchair . My daughter although only travelling with hand luggage always has to stand in the check in line and pay for the privelage of checking in the childs pushchair ! although the pushchair is carried free because my daughter has to que up in order for it to be tagged she gets charged and personally its an incovenience , especially when all of us can check in online .

I for one have never taken libertys with my free 10kg of carry on although i have had a few difficultys at the gate in Girona ..over vigiliant measuring of hand luggage ..so im a bit curious as to how its going to work on that score ?

passengers turned away at the gate ? more hassle me thinks .

Maybe you will have print off tags for pushchairs & wheelchairs and then again disabled people will still have to travel so surely there will be ryanair operatives at the airports ..

personally i love ryanair ...im flying to Palma in april for 4 nights from Liverpool £3.50 then i have to be in alicante for 3 nights so fly from Palma to alicante for 1 euro and then back to Liverpool from Alicante at a cost of 22 euro ...so in english pounds aprox £26 for the 3 flights with great times ..no taxes .

my itinery with other Airlines was in exess of £250 flyin from manchester .

so say what you will ...i will fly ryanair as long as they give me the service and prices within my budjet and so what if they dont have check in anymore ...

if it works brilliant ...plus its good business practice if it saves the airline money

dont know what all the fuss is about .