PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How/When did you apply for that 1st Job?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2009, 11:26
bfisk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Started on a combined FAA and JAA programme in oct.2005, started instructiong 10 months later in august 2006. Went back to europe in october 2007 with 1870 total hrs. Did the ATPL theory, morse, mcc and skills test. First applications sent later that day (april 2008). Dashed out applications and CVs in all directions, mainly to all norwegian/swedish/danish operators, then later some UK ones and a particular irish carrier.

No response for a couple of months, then got an interview with said irish loco carrier. Got accepted but in the mean time got interviews with two king air operators in norway and a norwegian regional carrier. Played it cool with the irish company and got an offer from one of the king air operators before my last scheduled interview, which I then cancelled. Started TR course less than a week later and I'm now on the line and enjoying every bit of it. So glad i decided to play it cool and not fork out 30k€ for a TR.... Better to have salary during training

The only thing I'm even more happy with is the fact that I finished training when I did; 6 months later and I think things would not have been as easy. There were a couple of nervous months before things got sorted out, but in hindsight I see that I've had a great deal of luck with timing