PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Quiet Ones
Thread: The Quiet Ones
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2009, 10:58
flapsforty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PENKO
The cabin crew have this great ability to tune out all non-essential blabla. Evidenced by the fact that 90% of times they call the flightdeck asking 'what time are we landing' mere minutes after we have informed the passengers of that very fact in multiple languages!
Mea Culpa Your Honour!

For 20 years I happily tuned out PAs. When I became Purser I had to forcibly retrain myself to pay attention.
.. and even after 8 years as Senior Dragon, it still occasionally happens that I have to check the Flight Track system for our ETA after realising that the pilots have just said "something" via the PAS. A deeply ingrained CC habit as you say...

ACARS, 9 people have now taken the time to explain in a friendly manner why sometimes there is simply no time for a cockpit PA. A Comfy Chair has in addition kindly given you different real-life examples of when and why such situations can arise.
All in all demonstrating convincingly why your initial leading question and your reaction of "bølløx" to a most likely truthful answer from the CC were both .. let's say.. not necessarily justified.

Why not take your own advice from post 5 eh?

Originally Posted by ACARS
I guess I should accept it and move on Much more important things happening in the world!!