PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice for anyone who cares. . . .
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2009, 09:15
Zoomy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I would go back to flying into Diamond Gorge in a 210 anyday if the wife and toe rags would come along. Barra fishing was just as incredible as the flying. Some days I sat there at 8500/9500 feet thinking I was the luckiest guy in the world. And the words, "hey Pilot you got room this arvo" ring loud in my head, great bunch of natives in the Kimberly.
I remember sitting in the Fitzroy River with a bunch pickled out of my tree on days off, ( only took 3 Beers it was that hot ), when a local grabbed a catfish off the coals and hooked in like I would a souvlaki on a big night.

And a very good native friend took me to some part of the river where we stopped the 4wd and walked for 20mins. Man I have never had so much fun fishing as I did that day. I tried to take a friend of mine there once and got dismally lost, that is until I flew back along the river and mapped it out.

Wise words cannon, Go into GA for some fun and experience, forget the hours. Just look after yourself, don't work for dodgy operators and cherish the moment.