PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice for anyone who cares. . . .
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2009, 00:20
tail wheel

Received 232 Likes on 123 Posts
JetX

It may surprise you, but the Moderators are sympathetic to your comments. How often do we open a thread only to think “Not again…..!”

The negativity is appalling – and it seems to be something relatively new in aviation, mostly from today’s Generation Y just starting their career in aviation. I often feel they don’t know what they don’t know and are unwilling to learn from their more experienced colleagues. Maybe our generation was also like that – it is too long ago for me to remember!

How often have you wondered where a thread went? Threads about Hevilift, SkyAirWorld, Woollongong Airport to name just a few, usually head downhill after the second post! The deplorable number of Qantas whinging threads that are started every time a minor event occurs. The Qantas -versus- Virgin threads. The anti media threads - don't post media errors on PPRuNe - write to that media's Editor direct as he/she probably does not read PPRuNe!

The number of negative posts, irrelevant posts, vindictive posts, unacceptable language and meaningless posts are too time-consuming to clean up, so threads are moved out of sight or get locked.

Then we get a “Where is my thread” email, or quite common “Who got to you” email!! No one has ever “got to a Mod”! You would not believe the number of PMs and emails Mods receive! Quite simply, the thread has passed it's use by date, the mess becomes too time consuming to clean up and the thread gets removed or locked.

It seems some of today’s younger PPRuNe users are simply unable to debate a topic and accept another user’s opinion, without resorting to vindictive, negative and often, worthless comment.

I know the problem. I do not have the answer!

Feel free to click on the "Report This Post" icon to the lower left of each post if you believe the post inappropriate. This action often saves us a lot of time and effort searching out unacceptable posts.

Tail Wheel

P.S.

triton140

I'm way too old to be considering a career in aviation...
59 old??? There are some us here that will never see that age again!