PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falklands Crash Sites
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2009, 17:59
jualbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi every body, Very interesting all you said.
I put a link to a very interesting map in an argentinean webpage (thanks to 2-A-203 (from Zona militar foros)):
Falklands "What if...?" - Page 19 - Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums

http://2.bp.*************/_4Iv-9uu9f...h/DSCN2975.JPG

I think is a key map to undestand Canberras evolutions on 1st may. It also places british fleet detected by Tracker. The Canberra downed by Sea Harrier was shot around 120 north from Pebble island while ARA San Luis (and subsequently Yarmouth and Brilliant hunt) was around 25 miles north from East Falkland. If you track a line betwen Berkeley sound, the San Luis op area and Trellew, the place where the Canberra is shot down and Trellew, ALL MATCH.

http://araindomita-intrepida-1982.*************

Great the link to Pablo´s webpage and specially Piuma´s words about his combat on 21st may (I´ve never listened and I´ve always thought he was downed in third place. I studied Senn, Ward and Donaidille words and have some little differences about Pablo text.

In my opinion, and after reading Senn and Donaidille (in Salvador Mafé book for example), Donaidille and Senn were flying close and in a paralel course to Ward. Wrad broke to his left to intercept them. Donaidille turned right to face Ward, while Thomas is unseen for him. He fired around 700 meters distance in order to fear Ward and avoid his interception course towards Senn who kept the course during some time although Donaidille has ordered him to turn right. Then Donaidille crosses Ward who is turning to his right and below Donaidille. The argentinenan captain tried to follow him heading down and turning hard left, to the place where he thinks Ward had to appear. And he appeared from left to right being fired by Donaidille for second time. While he tried to level his plane to make another turn to right to follow the combat against Ward, suddenly, Senn crosses him from left to right . They are close to have a collision. Donaidille lost the combat situation due to the maniouver he had to do to avoid Senn and decided to go home behind Senn. In that moment I think Senn must be in a S-SW course. While Thomas finished his own evolution and placed himself just behind the two argentineans planes that are downed with AIM-9L.
Ward that had headed down and right to avoid Donaidille in the cross, kept his right hard turn almost 360º and then sees in his right a Dagger passing him lower. He finish his turn and fired him. He was Piuma. I had never listened or read his words, but according to Ward he had to be almost in his hot tail 6 o´clock.

In Senn testimony I never listened any mention to an advertisment by Piuma that he had been fires a missile. If Piuma really saw a Sea Harrier pursuiting his fellows, he was probably Thomas, not Ward. If he fired at him from the rear the logical would be to remain in that position where has not been seen and he could down the british that was flying slower and was an easy prey. Passing him is not logical at all if you have seen it.

Senn also saw a Sea Harrier that Donaidille suspects is a different one from that seen by him (Ward). That´s why he didn´t turn right at the same time than his leader. But any way he finally turned right and is downed by the suposed Sea Harrier seen by him which was trying to avoid, what doesn´t match very well.

Do you have any original interview to Piuma?

Very very interesting posts.
Reagards