PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Super Puma down central North Sea Feb 2009
Old 21st Feb 2009, 14:13
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
A Deafining Wall Of Silence

Am I alone left wondering how it can be that 4 days after the event, with 2 walking talking flight crew, the deafining silence from across the runway at ABZ is utterly astounding.

I suspect that the Management of that AOC are doing their utmost to "protect/hide" someone or something.

I have no idea who/what it can be that they are trying to protect. But I will tell you that its is not me, the 500 other flight crew who are beating up the HMRs across the NS at night in ****e WX, or the passengers that we have been flying over the past 4 days.

We all have a moral obligation to release information in interests of other peoples safety.

I fully accept where the crew have been lost that the investigators will at times have a devil of a job coming to the correct conclusions, but in this case they must surely know whether it was a controlled ditching in response to a malfunction....or otherwise.

As they have chosen to remain silent I will reach my own intermidiate conclusions but if it becomes clear they have hidden something for the past 4 days that may impact on my safety, the safety of other crews and our passengers - it is utterly unforgivable.

For the touchy-touchy-feely-feely amongst you who think speaking the unspoken is not fair or right at this time this post is simply not for you.

The truth may be painful....but it will only come out in the end!!!!!