PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Committed XP Pro user needs reassurance about Vista
Old 21st Feb 2009, 12:58
BladePilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update

Vista Ultimate appears to be stable. Hooked up two printers today one HP officejet all-in-one networked through BT Broadband router, OK no problems. Also Samsung Laser printer hardwired USB again OK no problems in fact the Samsung drivers loaded within seconds of connecting the USB. Also hooked up a Belkin generic USB hub without a hitch and finally today I connected a microsoft forcefeed back joystick, drivers loaded automatically and stick works just fine.
Loaded FlightSim + the Acceleration Pack and all works perfectly. Flying the F/A-18A Hornet off and on the carrier is just awesome!
Home network is running fine, connection with wifes laptop running Vista Home premium was up and running within minutes and she now also has access to the Samsung attached to my new Dell Studion XPS. I am however finding it a bit more of a challange to connect with my old Dell Dimension which is running XP Pro but I reckon I'll crack that nut before teatime!
The only niggle so far has been with a USB memory stick (disgo E3) which loaded Ok initially and I was able to transfer a couple of files but subsequent attempts have proved useless. The PC tells me the device is there but won't open it again I'll try again in a bit after I've let my brain cool down a bit

Dissapointments so far = very few except 750GB hard drive told me on initial start up that only 683GB was available on (c) and already down to 597GB after loaded all my apps, recovery (D) gives me 15GB.

'Windows Experience Rating' is 5.9 now that is real Wow! factor.

I'm running Norton 2009 which is fantastic the regular update 'pulses' go unnoticed and means no more lengthy updates every day, doesn't have any noticable effect on PC performance, I'm just about to load it onto my old Dell as well.

System is quiet in fact my Samsung laser printer sounds like a freight train coming through a tunnel compared to the new PC!