PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falklands Crash Sites
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2009, 10:27
Willoz269

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow Edmund, that is good work in that forum page in Spanish.... a couple of good photos of you during the campaign as well!

I have high hope sites well informed (and well informed people) will finish off some of the rubbish that I read in some of the official sites....like reports of Garcia Cuerva telling Perona of the impending Sidewinder strike because Garcia Cuerva "apparently" knew where both SHAR were....Perona makes no mention of this...in fact, he thought he had collided with a previously unseen SHAR!!

Also, and the worst of all, an account in an Argentinian website with official links in which someone with a lot of imagination reports that Garcia Cuerva disengaged from the SHAR dogfight, turned towards Stanley...and whilst arguing with the Stanley controllers, saw a SHAR about to land at Hermes...he promptly somehow shot it down in flames and came in to land at Stanley, where he was shot down by the Argentinian Army AAA....

I have no idea why someone would think this absurdity would elevate the name of Garcia Cuerva or his skill as a pilot...if anything, I believe it puts in doubt anything anyone says about his true skill, which should never be in question, regardless who the pilot or combatant is!