PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar announces domestic NZ operations
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2009, 07:15
blow.n.gasket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think AnQrKa has hit the nail on the head and the likes of framer and Q300 are thinking like pilots not Management.
In this world of Globalization and the ever relenting quest by big business for productivity improvement anyting is possible.
I'd suggest a few people here google the Trans Tasman Mutual recognition Act in conjunction with the NZ Employment Relations Act 2000.
First up as a result of the TTMRA aircraft "based" in New Zealand are accepted as being Australian.
Secondly the NZ Employment Relations Act 2000 has many similarities with the Australian Workplace relations Act 1996, if you thought WorkChoices was bad wait until your forced to work in NZ under their Employment Relations Act, plus there is now a National government in power in NZ, so I wouldn't be surprised to see further empowerment to the relavent Employment Act.
Now that the Libs in Australia have been turfed out and their and big business' WorkChoices has been pole axed isn't it obvious that management will deploy assets where it's easiest to push for improvement in unit costs. I expect AnQrKa is correct in that you will see the 787 deployed out of NZ. I also expect you will see a ramping up of JetConnect services at Qantas Shorthaul's expense. That will just be the start.
Ladies and Gentlement this is the end game portion of the Dixon plan, hold on for a bumpy ride!
The future is bright ,the future is orange with fern leaves!