PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Icelandic
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2009, 00:26
jumbolloyd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well what is there that any contractor can do, its an Icelandic company that must keep its Icelandic employees, or else they are out of business.

A lot of these employees don't know how good they have it...mainly because they are ignorant and arrogant, they don't realize that basically they are unemployable anywhere else with the attitudes they have...they have no respect for anyone nor their own company that gives them such wonderful benefits.

Contractors haven't a leg to stand on, you are given a contract, you sign it, and there you have it and besides, what do you guys want AAI to do, its been a dreadful year for them, if things were booming we all would still be there now, its a survival game in tough circumstances.

Yes, I have had great times in AAI, how can I complain when they gave me a 747 type rating and upgrade to Captain, they didn't have to do that, yes I want to keep flying and be there, but we all know what is going on, they only have about 15 aircraft flying now, when I joined, there was about 25 to 30 aircraft.

I guess we just have to wait and see if the company can navigate itself out of this dreaful situation, and its not only AAI suffering, its everywhere, and I'm suffereing as well, no income and bills to pay....

Last edited by jumbolloyd; 21st Feb 2009 at 13:56.