PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - so what about the ban
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2002, 22:52
NoseGear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wilfred,

In your post you contradict yourself by saying that I AM showing solidarity to my sacked collegues (see below) and then NOT showing solidarity to the worldwide pilot fraternity because of the ban not allowing them to take their dream job. How could I do both? Do you think that the pilots taking positions under the ban are showing solidarity to anyone? One of IFALPA's aims is to promote worldwide solidarity, and if more pilots showed solidarity, then the industry would be a better place for it. We are our own worst ememy, because there is always someone who, to get in, will do the job for less. This undermines the industry as a whole. Unfortunately, management knows this only to well.

As for curtailing and damaging careers, that is not what I am doing, but what the individual who takes a job under a ban does to themself.

And for me, as you obviously have no idea who I am, you can't be blamed for your comments about me "asking folks with alot less than me to risk alot more than me." I am not a CX pilot, however, someone near and dear to me is. We have to commute to see each other, and this depends on standby travel, which as you may know, can be dodgy at times. We can go a month at a time and not see each other and then maybe only for 3 or 4 days. I have applied to CX, but won't be going until the ban is over, even though this would make our own personal lives so much better and easier. We are both sacrificing alot more than the ones who would disregard the ban for their own personal gain, at the expense of those who have some intergrity.

Nosey

Last edited by NoseGear; 26th Apr 2002 at 04:28.