PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Exec Club muddled thinking
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2009, 22:34
13Alpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knowing BA as I do I also immediately dived straight for the small print on the letter so here it is:

*If you select the "Lowest price" ticket type when making a booking for travel between 18 February and
18 May 2009, you will qualify for 25% of the Tier Points awarded on a Flexible ticket type. Tier Points are not available on Redemption flight bookings or on transatlantic flights operated by American Airlines. Full terms and conditions apply.

**50 sectors must be booked and flown in your membership year on services operated by British Airways and its franchises, BA Cityflyer, or oneworld Alliance members. Redemption bookings and any flights booked on agency and industry discounted fares are excluded. Full terms and conditions apply.
So seems reasonable enough, assuming it's not just a one-off and/or for a limited subset of members.

But I agree that BA still have a lot of rebuilding to do to make the Exec Club a worthwhile benefit again. The letter also asked for any other feedback or ideas to improve silver tier membership, so I made full use of the opportunity

13Alpha