PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying schools going tits up.
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2009, 19:38
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on guys, you arent being serious are you. All sorts of things continually raise their "ugly" heads even though the ground rules are pretty clear. People make the same mistakes time after time either because they cant be bothered to read the rules, havent got the time, receive poor advice, think they will get away with it etc. That has always been the way of things. It doesnt mean the rules are new and it doesnt mean the rules arent well rehearsed. As I said before, if you examine the vast majoity of these cases employers make the most basic of mistakes and shouldnt be surprised when their collars are felt. In fact it is more than likely that the Revenue will not pursue those cases where the employer has made a reasonable effort to stay the right side of the line.

I think Belowradar has it, so called experienced buisiness people can and do make the most elementary mistakes, and they are elementary mistakes not because the rules arent black and white, and not because traps have been set, but because they are too stupid or arrogant to avoid making the mistakes. Sorry, but that is the way it is.

I would be the first to accept their are areas of legislation that are complex, new and still in the process of the ground rules being established. It is all too easy for anyone to run into problems in some of these areas and understandable when they do - this is not one of them.