PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Committed XP Pro user needs reassurance about Vista
Old 20th Feb 2009, 16:14
BladePilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Communicating to you now from the new PC. Words fail me! Wow! I left it sitting in a corner for a couple of days because work commitments wouldn't let me get stuck into setting it up. Got around to it today and all I can say is sitting at my desk is now like sitting on the bridge of the StarShip Enterprise! talk about Warp speed this thing is so fast I can hardly keep up
The system looks fantastic the case and monitor have a glossy black piano finish and despite my initial worries it is actually quieter than my old Dell Dimension under normall ops.
I've loaded most of my business applications and so far no problems. I've played the Dark Knight Blu Ray and just can't get over the clarity of the picture (monitor is 20inch Truelife DVI-D with pure DVI connections and intergrated webcam) light years ahead of my Bravia HD Sony, the sound quality is just breathtaking.
Early impressions of Vista Ultimate are good although I have a bit to do yet before I've explored it completely.
Planning to load up FlightSim Deluxe + Acceleration expansion pack tomorrow can't wait to see how that performs

Going for a lie down now, I'm exhausted