PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Experienced pax vs very experienced CC seatbelt thread
Old 20th Feb 2009, 16:08
Abusing_the_sky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am guilty as charged!
I do ask the F/D to put the SB sign on when there is a rather loud, all over the place stag due on board, clearly out of control. I can't just sit them down, i have to ask everyone to do the same;
I do ask the F/D to put the SB sign on when i think the turbulence is worst at the back than the front of the cabin; again, i can't sit down just the pax at the back, i have to ask everyone to sit down and fasten their seatbelt.
I do ask the F/D to put the SB sign on when i have a medical emergency on board; it's not required, but i chose to do it so i have no pax in my way when i deal with the casualty.

I can't say anything when it comes to long haul, i don't have the (CC) experience.
However, having some serious experience in short haul as CC, i fail to understand why some pax (some being the operative word), would keep their seatbelt on in a 2 hrs car journey, without stopping to use the loo, but they won't do it in a 2hrs flight.
And why some (again, the above applies) pax complain after take off that the seatbelt sign is still on but they wanna go to the loo... You are a grown up who just left the terminal building, a terminal building with, I'm sure, more than one toilets you could use; cleaner and bigger may i add.

flapsforty, in my opinion, stated the obvious in her posts ( i would've done the same if i would've been around when it started). Very heated posts, however, we are allowed to have a personality outside uniform you know...
Where in Pprune's rules says that a Mod is not allowed to express his/her opinion?

Anyhow, that's only my opinion. But then again, there's always going to be someone who knows better...

Rgds,
ATS