PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMB 145 question
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2009, 15:26
BUGS/BEARINGS/BOXES

Location: the OFCR......and probably somewhere over China zzzzzzzz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
now now people. I understand where howflytrg is coming from. in this day and age it is all to easy for joe public to complain about something end get the wrong end of the stick. especially when they are not directly involved in a complex operation,such as operating a commercial aircraft. however he still has a right to question what he feels is wrong, even if it turns out that there was nothing wrong in the first place.
If it was frost, from my experience you would have to be as blind as a bat to miss it on a turnaround inspection, and as people have said a tactile test(touching the stuff) would very quickly and easily solve the "is it frost or condensation" debate that appears to be going on here.
I personally have had many experiences of moisture on the wing that has not been disturbed during the take off role......especially noticeable on summer mornings in europe. Just because the temp was low does'nt mean it was frost. there are too many factors at play eg aircraft skin temp/fueltemp etc. One does need to be careful about making accusations though. its a tougth call and im sure if you did write in it would be investigted professionally and not left to a pprune court to decide.

Last edited by BUGS/BEARINGS/BOXES; 28th Feb 2009 at 21:32.