PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Cockpit Door - What Do Pax Think?
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2009, 13:09
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is remarks like this
One passenger told me he could see the pilots "panicking" and moving the control column. - just a normal landing in a gusty, crosswind.
and
Heard a story many years ago about a woman passenger on a flight with no cockpit door. She complained about the fact that the pilots were “clearly lost as they had to constantly refer to their maps”.

She also observed that it was only by great “good luck” that they popped out of the cloud and the runway was right there !!!
that makes me believe whatever the size of aeroplane, a firm screen needs exist blocking all forward view! These comments do nothing for aviation, and will be repeated for life by the culprits. An awful one was the woman who complained 'the pilots had obviously been drinking' to the Police after several go arounds in bad weather. That caused a lot of trouble. If she had done it to me, I would have tracked her down.

I used to fly the HS748, a low wing equivalent of the Fokker Friendship. When you slow up and take flap, the nose down attitude is pronounced. It is to do with the long straight wing and the need to lower the angle of attack. It does make viewing forward from the rear cabin through the cockpit window very disconcerting and unpleasant. Try walking around with your eye looking through a picture tube- the smallest movement shows as apparently much larger.