PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA ATP vs JAA ATPL
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2009, 12:32
londonPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAA ATP vs JAA ATPL

Hi , my name is David I am 29 and live in London.

I started flying in early 2006. I've built up some complex single hours, done an IMC , a bit of flying round europe etc.

in the last year I managed to get a Single engine turbine rating on a Cessna Caravan and am doing my PDRC (Parachute Drop Rating Certificate). I also did my MEP.

I am building Turbine hours while parachute dropping.

Last week I passed my FAA CPL/IR exams (lasergrade) which now entitles me to do the FAA CPL/IR training and work towards a frozen ATP.

I really want to do the JAA syllabus as well ; but there is one sticking point. I am happy to study at home during the evening and weekends and classes during those times. I cannot and will not take 4-6 weeks off of work to do brush ups which are required.

I simply want to do my course in the evenings and weekends and then take time of to do the modules (3 probably for me)

This is the main reason a low (300 hour) pilot beginning their journey towards commercial job is struggling.

Anyway thought this thread would be useful as a resource. I've seen lots of Negative threads on flying, jobs etc.

Flying needs to be a Passion not a burden, you can never stop learning and you can never stop knocking on doors. Unfortunately it is expensive.
for all you guys who have been through the mill and got the bill

DO SOMETHING WITH IT !

No airline will take you seriously unless you show determination.

If anyone has any bright ideas , or wants to make a shed load of cash. Offer evening classes for JAA ATPL theory .

Happy Landings

David