PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2009, 12:32
Arrows2100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not so sure.

I found the personality test to be fine. Then again I had not read about all the hype and people failing after taking it on these forums when I sat it.

For any folk sitting it in the future, don't get all worked up over it. Naturally, you will try and answer what you think NATS wants to see in a person - however answers like that will only open you up to an even bigger upset when rejected at a later stage once holes are picked in your application.

NATS, like any employer, are looking for truth and trust from their candidates. Start building that early on with this test. Besides, it makes life easier for the later stages when you are pressured into thinking up examples of the qualities you claim to have possessed in the personality test.

As for the accuracy of the test itself - there is a lot of theory and research behind these tests. They do work (apparently ). I think the prime example (for me at least) was reaching stage 3 and realising that everyone who was waiting for the interview was very similar. Not like sheep mind you, but we all seemed to *click* instantly and seemed to reveal very similar strategies and stories as to how we got that far.

NATS are looking for a particular type of brain I think and that test is there to ween people out who unfortunatly do not possess what they are looking for.

In my opinion if you fail it once you could put it down to having a bad day and not thinking things straight. But if you fail on that stage twice then I would not be entirely hopeful you could change your personality for the 3rd attempt..

As previously said, it will be there to protect both the candidate and the company.

My 2 cents,
Andy