PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training for tests!
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2009, 12:11
1mag1n3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before this thread ends I wanna give my 2 pennies!

I am coming up 18, so not to far off you fabbe. When I was 16 I posted a similar thread to a couple of yours, and got some very nice, informative replies. It didnt turn ugly luckily. Most said get your head down. Concentrate on work and come back when your older and have a vague idea of what you want to do.

So, here I am, 2 years on being predicted AAAB in Maths, Further Maths, Geography and Physics, respectively. Geography is great for colouring in, will keep me entertained on the long hauls if that ever comes. I am due to complete my A levels this June, and get the results by August.

I was naive when I first joined with your rose coloured glasses on. Glaring at OAA and the likes and their shiny courses. Yeah they are fantastic, and generally do give you a marginally better chance of getting into the RHS, but by marginal its perhaps a percent or so. Their marketing is some of the best in the world. Its so appealing, looks so god darn brilliant.

Anyway, my point. Your life is your life. We are just here to advise. Listen to these people, they are our role models, they have been there and done it and have the badge to show.

What you should do is what is best for yourself. If this means waiting and going for OAA then do it. If this means getting FREE training then do it. As you said if it means going modular then do it. Whichever way you go, essentially you will end up in the right seat for you. Sometimes you think time works against you. It does. Always. I mean, ATPL's take months of work, and the course content is huge. It looks daunting. Scary almost. But thats to come. Probably during whichever course you do, you will be thinking some bad thoughts about if its for you. If only time sped up then they would be gone by tomorrow. Whichever way you end up going we will back you up though. As long as you remain yourself behind a keyboard.

I mean IMO being patient is the key. I remember posting here age 16, and it feels like yesterday seeing all the pretty yellow colours. If all goes well I should commence some form of training in about 6 months. Whats 6 months? Nothing.

I feel like I have rambled anyway. If this is utter gob****e then sorry!