PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avaiation in SA - The Future ?
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2009, 11:04
RobinB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, gang - saw the comments posted and enjoyed accordingly. A few points:

1: Not my "letter" - was written by Trevor Mallach - I found it thought provoking and informative. I can relate to the comments therein as I was born in 1957 and lived life on both sides of the "divide" here in SA. AND in this time of "economic meltdown" my Sales Targets for 2009 is 35% up on what we did in 2008 - and we CREAMED it in 2008 - will I make my 2009 targets - I'm already ahead: Do not for 1 minute believe there is no opportunity here in SA and in Africa - get your collective noses out of your flight procedures and have a look at some sound economic data - it won't be easy, but nothing worthwhile ever is. The "wild west" was never conquered by John Wayne, rather by hard nosed, rough and tough (and many "bandits") people who never gave up and were not prepared to accept "bull manure" from some pencil nosed snot bag who has never done an honest days "real work".

2: Detect apathy in some responses - no problem, but it's the likes of ZJ and his cronies that enjoy exactly that - the "do nothing" portion of society. Ask yourself, who would JZ NOT like you to vote for ? Helen Ziller ? Think about it. Nothing like stiff competition to make the government of the day "work" for a living.

3: For the ex-pats, hey, you could get to "gooi jou kruisie" and perhaps we can make the grass greener state-side and who knows, you may want to come home and watch real teams play cricket and rugby.

In closing, "doing something" is better than "doing nothing" - apathy never won anything, none of you got to wherever you are by being apathetic - don't stop now......... because none of your fore-fathers backed down from the challenge of life.

C U at the polling booths - GO SHARKS