PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Cadet Pilot Training Assessment 2009
Old 20th Feb 2009, 11:02
ATCNoob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's a ridiculous statement to make! Especially coming from those who run the assessments! They do not know the circumstances surrounding those applicants decisions or actions! Those 250 people did not waste anyone's chances. If there were those who didn't make it through to this stage it is purely because they weren't quick in sending in a application or reapplying!
Do I detect sour grapes DenizD? I have read some of your previous posts and you aren't exactly pro Etihad! Of course it isn't a rediculous statement to make...Do you know how much it costs Etihad to go around the world recruiting people? Then have 250 just not turn up. If these people DID have a valid reason for not showing up they certainly didn't have the decency to email Etihad saying so. THAT is what their problem was. They did say that there probably are valid reasons for some of them not showing, but they didn't let them know. And how can you say it didn't wasted anyone's chances? Do you know how many people wanted it badly! Get real - I would say most of the guys couldn't be bothered to leave their home in order to pitch up for the assessment. 250 people ALL having valid reasons as to why they didn't show is very unrealistic!

And that boils down to how bad you want it and how often you checked up on the cadet program.
You could say exactly the same about the guys that didn't pitch up and that had 'valid' reasons for not showing...come on!

That takes balls to say something like that, here in the states, it's called the "macho" attitude that will get you nowhere.
I (and I think everyone who atteded the same session as I did!), was glad they said it. I was shocked! There is no 'macho' attitude in saying that. They are pissed off about it and understandably. Those 250 people potentially prevented extremely capable candidates from being successful and eventually working for Etihad. Do you not see it? How is that statement 'macho' anyways?

They probably don't have that section on the JAA written tests. Maybe if they did some screening it wouldn't have been such a problem. But then again they do know what they are doing. The irony is that these are guys who have not taken the test themselves and yet they 'know what they want'!
They did screening last year and it was an administrative nightmare, not to mention the screening process may automatically eliminate someone highly capable. This way is fair. It isn't ironic either because these guy have taken the tests before. These types of tests are standard for recruiting cadets across the industry.

I like how they said "attempting it", did they bother to mention the likeliness of passing? All in all it is better for those who were present, there's less competition! The ignorance!
Yes, they did mention the likeliness of passing, on several occasions but if I had to paraphrase everything they said here on PPrune then I would need an entire thread for myself. At the same time 'the likeliness of passing' doesn't account for the other people who couldn't be there because it was 'full' who could have passed! Now who's ignorant?