PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Proposals to make radical changes to Flight Operations
Old 20th Feb 2009, 08:33
Helinut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EASA Proposals to make radical changes to Flight Operations

A recent UK FODCOM has drawn attention to a new NPA from EASA that would involve massive change to all aviation operations in Europe. The FODCOM is here:

FODCOM 04/09 | Publications | CAA

The EASA NPA is 2/2009 and the documents that set out these changes are on the EASA website. For english speakers the link is:

Rulemaking | Notices of Proposed Amendment (NPAs)

The total package is HUGE. Thousands of pages of deeply complicated and difficult to understand bureaucratic naff. But PLEASE everyone look at it. I am not sure but, after a partial review of this mass of stuff, it seems to me that the aviation activity that I now work in (UK HEMS) would effectively be banned or at least transformed into an emasculated shadow of its former self by these requirements in their current form.

The consultation period ends at the end of May 2009, so there is not much time given the amount of text to be gone through.

It applies to almost all aviation operations, CAT, other commercial ops, and non-commercial Ops too including private flying: i.e. this means YOU if you are unfortunate enough to fly in EASA land. The only ones to get away with it are military and "state" operations. Even the definition of what is "state" aircraft looks a bit dubious to me, including police and fire and SAR, but NOT HEMS....