PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Super flight in a twin
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2002, 19:17
Vfrpilotpb

Senis Semper Fidelis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Super flight in a twin

Must just pass this on to you all, had a full day out with my pal in a Twin Squirril, flew, from Preston up to the South of Scotland after punching through the clouds to come out on top at about 3500 feet, guess what, blue sky all the way to the sun, if that wasn't amazing enough on collecting fuel at Carlisle we watched a load of Army Pumas take of in tandem, if that wasn't enough we then followed them or tried to, they just blasted all the birds out of the trees, whilst we were above them watching them leave us behind, if that wasn't enough we then tried to go through the Horshoe pass in the Northern Lakes, absolutly awsome with crags and cliffs towering above us, but had to turn around due to very low banks of cloud, which no doubt was hiding some pretty hard lumps, my pall the Cpl showed me all the best ways of turning in valleys and although we had to backtrack some 15 miles to climb with complete safety I have had a brilliant days flying in a brilliant machine, and enjoyed the expertise of a very experienced Pilot, but I found the Squirril a real handful to fly, with me more used to Robbies and B206's, perhaps some of you Squirril flyers might confirm , are they harder to handle, or would it be my total newness to this machine.