PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOA funding of UK retirement age appeal
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2009, 00:17
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"...risk legally for charges of discrimination.."

err...so the pay cut at 55 isn't discriminatory then?

If you have watched the AOA's video on RA65 you will be able to see this is a matter concerning the AOA. The AOA's position obviously differs with the status quo, which is broadly the company's position. It is not a matter for the pilot's to agree a deal amongst themselves. I sense the only concession the company is prepared to make is "RA65-no BPP"... effectively COS08...

Here's an alternative suggestion. RA65 for all, pay for over 55's pitched at a level to ensure a fair and transparent BPP compensation package for Junior Crew and a bit of savings for the company and "The Management's Bonus". I am guessing that pay will be between B and C scale with no bolt-ons. I'll leave you to fight over whether it's the same pay for Freighter or Pax... I don't care...

This achieves your aim of non-discrimination and eases your safety concern over experience retention. Max Reheat gets to do the job he loves.

There you go... on one hand everyone's got what they want and on the other hand everyone's mildly p!ssed off... hallmarks of a good deal...

So how about it ATY....?