PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training for tests!
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2009, 16:52
Vems

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You need to learn to read between the lines.

First of all, my nickname is Vems, not Verms. And I'm not a lad, I'm a girl. Plus.. I'm not half as old as you are darling. I'm at really similar age. I'm not even 20 yet.

I haven't bullied you at all, no one is trying to. You may think we're all against you at the moment, but really we aren't. All you get here is criticism as Whirlygig said.

And who aims low here? We all have to set up a goal every once in a while. My goal is to gain PPL by the end of october. Next thing will be gain ATPL by the end of 2010 and beginning of 2011. You build up your career step by step, you haven't even started yet and you have plans for the rest of your life up to retirement. It's not going to work. This is reality, living the dream.. oh that ended. I will be aiming high, you can trust me on that one, but the definition of flying isn't 'fly airliner for the best airline in the world'. It doesn't matter if you fly small aeroplanes, you glide or whatever. It's still flying, always has been, always will be. Don't set one goal to just fly for BA. If you would already be a captain in BA ( ), would that be your final goal?

Right now you should be concentrating on school/college and getting on with your PPL. Set up your goal to finish it by some time this or next year. Then when you'll be finishing, sit down, think and set up your next goal. And NO, I don't mean BA F/O or Captain. Get your license first and then think what's next. Take life as it comes, don't plan everything. Life is full of suprises, you never know what could happen. Did you think about a back up plan if you don't pass your medical at some point? Are you sure that you're going the Class 1 medical at all? There's loads of things to think about before you really decide that this is what you going to do for the rest of your life.

I don't want to fly only for small airlines. Well I could to be honest, I would even be happy with working for a charter or as an instructor for a number of years.

Don't take it the wrong way, I'm trying to give you advice here. Yes, there's a dissapointment here.. you're not getting the answers you wanted here. You're not going to get into BA by time you're 20 or 22. It seems to be that the only thing you want to fly is the Boeings for BA/LH. Is this all that flying means to you? When I hear the damn loud engine of light aircrafts such as Cessnas or Pipers, I fall in love with them all over again. I'm always looking at the sky searching for a/c. It's something that really means really much to me. Did you even consider doing anything else if you couldn't find employment for some time, as if you want to go straight into airlines, it's going to be a bit hard to get in with 250/300.

I'm still young and I keep my head in the books most of the times, studying at college, working part time as my flying school isn't free and my parents are not really up for paying it all ( they do help me financally though, until I'll be able to go into full time employment ) and I study for the PPL exams hard everyday. It'd not easy you know, and it's not going to be for the next at least half a year until I finish college. So if you're going to be still at school when you start training.. or even just at the flying school, you have to put your head in the books, and as you're going modular you're not going to have ground instructions for every single exam and you'll probably have to study at home, which sometimes it's a bit hard when you don't understand something.. (but save the questions, and ask instructor before your next flight). I really wish you well, I hope your dream does come true but you have to work on your maturity and setting up goals in your life, you're not always going to be at school, training or whatever.. Bear in mind that as you're pretty young, the choices we make now will affect the rest of our lives.. and your career as a pilot it's going to last for at least 30 years.

You need to take in all the comments. Bad & good. There's all helpful. I wouldn't spend time bullying you as you call it here, writing this massive posts.. I'm trying to be helpful but my nerves are currently going a bit off!
You're going to have tough times through your PPL when you mess something up, if the instructor will make you feel bad, what will you do then? Tell him that he's only saying that to ruin your career? Ermmm. Think about what you're writing and the purpose of your writing. Because on the last post, you sounded like a 12 year old kid. Sorry.

Just tried to give you good advice, if you don't take it, I hope we won't meet in the flightdeck some years from now on.

Anyways, good luck.

Vems.

Last edited by Vems; 19th Feb 2009 at 16:56. Reason: SPELLING MISTAKE :X