PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2009, 13:08
runawayedge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair rhetoric is used to fit whatever the occassion suits. NEVER will FR admit to having gotten something wrong, that creates a bad culture, especially when it comes from the top. Last week I flew with FR from STN to SNN and was apalled at what I saw.

Firstly, paid for check-in and approached check-in desk,, to be told that FR do not offer check-in anymore, that I must go to a self-service kiosk, and then return to check my bag. The desk is now solely for baggage drop, agent admitted it was causing uproar with pax. Didn't get what I paid for, is false advertising, and should be removed as a paid option when booking. Got over it and flight was delayed. Usual queues at gate, however handling staff were going through the pax and validating ID against boarding card, this surely goes against security. I was on my mobile and told to turn it off, even though the aircraft was not even on stand. Got over it.

Aircraft arrived on stand, 1 cc got off to assist in disembarkation, 1 cc to gate, and 1 cc each at forward and aft stations. Pax off boarding immediately began. This is not the first time I have noticed, but what happened to the aircraft security check on turnaround. Answer it did not happen.

All aboard, flight full as there had been cancellations the previous day due snow. It soon became obvious that there was not enough space in the overheads for all the 'large' carry on pieces. All passengers seated. There happened to be a positioning crew on-board, and along with the operating crew they were attempting to force the cases that would not fit and that were blocking the aisle (12 of them) into the overheads. Had there been an emergency evacuation, it would not have been pretty. Eventually doors had to be opened and excess headed for the hold.

In the cruise and during the service I decided to purchase a panini, order taken. I noticed the cc who had checked the toilet, was handling money etc. place an 'unwrapped' panini into the oven with her bare hands. When ready she went to the oven and got a piece of tissue to remove the panini, came down the aisle juggling my food as if it were a hot potato, with her bare hands. I didn't eat it.

Landed late in Shannon and the buggler embarrsingly announced another FR flight on time, to chuckles of pax.

So what is my point? Very simple, why are the IAA, various Department of Transport (security divisions) CAA and the relevant food safety authorities allowing unfair competition in that FR give the finger to security and other legislation, while it is rigourously enforced upon others. There is a cost to be compliant, a cost that FR choose to ignore, their turnaround times are not achievable with the resources they employ. Rules are for all, but maybe not for bullies!

Last edited by runawayedge; 19th Feb 2009 at 13:28.