PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avaiation in SA - The Future ?
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2009, 11:10
Insane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robin,

In answer to your question.......NO FLIGHTS with out a flight plan, filed min 24hrs in advance. NO EXCEPTION. No reference number.....NO FLY!!

The only exception to the rule is if flight is conducted in the designated training area, but NO AWAY LANDING!!!

Security at Airports......Private or Comm flights are subject to security Inspection by AVSEC. Charles Price has a designated boarding office where all passangers private or comm will board, and ALL flights with away landings or arriving from away landings will report to this office for inspection/clearance.

ALL pax on a private flight INCLUDING PILOT will pay departure tax. For a local flight US$10/person. AVGAS will cost you approx US$1.95/ltr and flying Instruction in the region of US$250/hr. NB that CAAZ are also inititiating ramp inspections!

In short, sight seeing at this airport is a bit of a let down, lots of abandoned airpalnes...very little flying.

Only two AMO'Sto service the GA industry.

'I hope and believe that, unlike the sheep of the past in Germany and Zimbabwe , the average person who receives this mail has actually had enough of all these shenanigans and would like to see the appearance of justice, logic and efficiency in government. Unfortunately, we are in the minority. However, to prevent things from getting worse really fast, all we have to do (for now) is:'

I can see the intent of this statement, however I believe SA has the same type of 'sheep' doing the same stupid things that were done in Zim if one considers the way things are now as to the way things were a few years ago!!! A definite decline I would think!!

Last edited by Insane; 19th Feb 2009 at 11:23.