PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS recruitment, second stage
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2002, 14:06
KazBird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I had the second stage interviews about 2 months ago and start on the course in October so I must have done ok!!

The Personnel Interview is ok. Normal q's about education, jobs (what you like most and least) hobbies etc. Then they ask you a set of about 50 questions when they have to note your answers and not give any encouragement, hints etc - bit like talking to a robot but you must try and remain enthusiastic throughout.

Technical Interview - best advice is to read all the leaflets they send you. Know about VOR's, navigation, a/c separation etc. Show them you have huge sense of responsibility for your own actions

Computer tests - uses the strangest looking keyboard you'll ever see. requires you to group sets of shapes and numbers according to certain priorities/rules which are given on the screen and which change periodically. also strange radar type test where you have groups of numbers flying towards each other and you have to say which ones are on a collision path. Quite daunting really and the bit that i thought I'd failed!

Good Luck
Kaz